It’s creamy, citrus-y, and oh so light and refreshing! Did I mention it’s vegan/dairy free too! Enjoy summer anytime with this ice cream flavor!
- 2 cans unsweetened coconut milk (use full fat if you can)
- 1/2 cup coconut sugar
- 1/2 cup honey
- 1/4 tsp salt
- 1.5 tbsp lime zest (took about 3 limes)
- 3/4 cup fresh lime juice (about 4-5 limes)
- 1/4 tap xantham gum (binder)
- 1 tbsp coconut oil
- The day before or morning of, place your ice cream churning bowl in the freezer to properly chill (see notes below if you don’t have an ice cream maker).
- In a saucepan, add coconut milk, honey, sugar, sea salt, and lime zest. Heat to a small simmer until all sugar has dissolved.
- Turn heat off and add lime juice to saucepan and let cool for 5-10 minutes. Add in xantham gum and coconut oil, and whisk to fully combine.
- Place bowl in the fridge to chill for 4 hrs or overnight depending on your schedule.
- Add mixture directly to chilled ice cream maker bowl and churn according to manufacturer’s instructions – about 45 minutes. It should look like soft serve. See notes if you don’t have a churner.
- Once churned, transfer the ice cream to a large freezer-safe container and use a spoon to smooth the top.
- Cover securely and freeze for at least 4-6 hours or until firm.
- Notes: Will keep in the freezer for up to 10 days, though I doubt it will last that long! 😋
- If you don’t own an ice cream maker, you can add chilled mixture to a freezer-safe container and freeze. Once every hour, remove from freezer and stir /whisk to incorporate air. Repeat until mostly firm – 6-8 hours. Then continue freezing until completely firm before serving. It won’t yield as creamy results, but it should still work.