These are the perfect little treat to have sitting in your freezer when you want a little treat. There’s no added refined sugar and they’re dairy free. Perfect to satisfy your sweet tooth!
- 3/4 cup peanut butter or almond butter (or any nut butter)
- 1 Tbsp pure maple syrup
- 1/2 cup coconut oil, melted
- 1/2 cup cacao powder or unsweetened cocoa powder
- 3 Tbsp honey
- sea salt
1. Line a muffin tin with liners (highly recommend these silicone versions!)
2. In a bowl, stir together nut butter and maple syrup. Place one heaping tablespoon of the mixture in each prepared muffin cup and freeze for at least 30 minutes until completely hard.
3. In a medium bowl, whisk together the coconut oil, cacao powder, and honey until smooth and glossy.
4. Pour one tablespoon of the chocolate glaze on top of each hardened peanut butter cup and sprinkle with a pinch of salt. Freeze for at least 20 minutes, or until the glaze hardens, before serving.
**to make them as true peanut butter cups, place tablespoon of chocolate in cup first, then but butter, then chocolate. I tend to just do half and half because it’s easier and faster!
Store in freezer or fridge.