A perfect quick skillet for a night you’re craving tacos but are lacking tortillas, here’s a recipe for you! Great for a meal or leftover taco filling, this recipe is quick, easy and so good!
- 1 lb soy chorizo or another meatless or meat option you like
- 1/2 yellow onion, chopped
- 2 cups cooked brown rice
- 1 cup salsa
- 1/2 cup frozen corn
- 2 cups cooked black beans
- ½ cup sharp cheddar cheese
- 1 chopped green onion
- 1 sliced avocado
- Begin making the chorizo in a cast iron, oiled. If you aren’t using a meat, just start with onion.
- Cook chorizo and onion until getting crispy, about 5-7 minutes. While it cooks, preheat oven to 375 degrees.
- Once the chorizo is ready, add in rice, beans, corn, and salsa and mix well.
- Sprinkle cheese on top and bake in oven for 10 minutes until cheese is melted.
- Serve with sliced avocado and green onion.