Not so much a Taco Tuesday but Enchilada Tuesday will do!
Been adapting this recipe for awhile to make some delicious vegetarian enchiladas that aren’t just cheese! I’m always a little sad when you go to a restaurant known for enchiladas but they either don’t provide vegetarian enchiladas or they have weird combos like carrots or squash in an enchilada. I’m not a fan!
This simple recipe packs some big flavor and can be customized to include whatever you might have around!
Sweet Potato, Black Bean & Goat Cheese Enchiladas
- 2 medium sweet potatoes
- 2 cups of cooked black beans
- Fajita seasoning (paprika, cumin, chili powder, chipotle powder), to your liking
- 8 corn tortillas
- 1/2 cup goat cheese
- Enchilada sauce ( I like Siete foods red or green sauce)
- Roast sweet potatoes and peel skins off after cooked. Mash potatoes with a fork and mix with black beans on a bowl.
- Add some fajita spices, I used What’s Gaby Cooking’s fajita senorita seasoning
- In a baking dish, layer a thin amount of the enchiladas sauce.
- Fill corn tortillas with mixture and add a few crumbles of goat cheese, and roll.
- Once all enchiladas are made, pour your favorite verde sauce on top and crumble a few bits of goat cheese to top it off.
- Broil in the oven for 5 minutes, top with avocado and green onions.
Oh so good! Enjoy!