As a vegetarian, many people think I just eat salads. And while that is not correct, as I love all food, I will say that I love this salad and could eat it practically every day!! I’m not a fan of just plain salads so after getting inspired from a few different salads I’d tried, the Magic Salad began to take shape. Pretty much added in all of my favorite ingredients into one meal all while making sure the salad had healthy fats, protein, greens, and fiber to keep any person satisfied and full!
Makes 2 servings, with some leftovers. Just keep dressing separate for later use so salad does not become soggy.
- 1 head of cauliflower, cut into bite size pieces
- 1.5 cups of cooked chickpeas (I use dried/cooked in instant pot), or 1 can
- 1/4 cup extra virgin olive oil
- 1 tablespoon chipotle powder
- 2 teaspoons smoked paprika
- 2 cloves garlic, minced or grated
- kosher salt and black pepper
- 8 cups Salad Mix or any type of mixed greens
- 2 small cucumbers, chopped
- 1/4 cup green onions, sliced
- 2 tablespoons fresh chives, chopped
- 4 ounces feta cheese
- 1 avocado, sliced
- 1/4 cup olive oil
- 2-3 tablespoons lemon juice
- 2 -3 tablespoons tahini
- 2 tablespoons honey
- 2 tablespoons apple cider vinegar or rice vinegar
- 2 tablespoons dijon mustard
- pinch of salt
1. Preheat oven to 425 degrees F.
2. On a large baking sheet, combine the cauliflower, chickpeas, olive oil, chipotle powder, paprika, garlic, and a pinch of salt and pepper. Mix well to evenly coat and transfer to the oven and roast for 20-25 minutes, or until roasted and lightly charred.
3. While the cauliflower is in the oven, combine the mixed greens, cucumbers, chives and green onions in a large mixing bowl.
4. To make the dressing. Combine all ingredients in a glass jar and shake (or stir thoroughly) until completely smooth. Taste and adjust the salt and pepper.
5. Toss the roasted cauliflower and chickpeas in with the salad. Add a little of the dressing and toss. Top the salad with avocado and feta cheese.