Makes 3-4 servings, with some leftovers. Just keep dressing separate for later use so salad does not become soggy.
- 1 red onion, thinly chopped
- 2 pints cherry tomatoes, halved
- 2 medium cucumbers, cut into quarter size bites
- 4 oz feta cheese, cubed or crumbled
- 1.5 cups dried chickpeas or 1 can
- Optional: add quinoa to salad
- 1/4 cup olive oil
- 1/2 cup lemon juice
- 2 tablespoons vinegar
- salt and pepper to taste
1. Chop up onion, tomatoes, cucumbers, add to bowl and set aside.
2. Cook chickpeas as usual, or open can. Rinse chickpeas and add to bowl with vegetables.
3. Toss the feta cheese in with the vegetables and chickpeas.
4. Lastly, just before serving, mix together dressing and drizzle over salad mixture.