- 2 cups flour (I use 1.5 cups whole wheat flour and 1/2 cup almond flour, but you whatever you like)
- 3 tsp baking powder
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 2 eggs
- 1.5 cups almond milk
- 1 tbsp apple cider vinegar
- 1 tsp vanilla
- Optional add in: 1.5 cups fresh or frozen blueberries
- Mix: in a small bowl, mix almond milk and apple cider. Let sit for 4-5 minutes (forms a buttermilk texture).
- In another mixing bowl, combine the flour, baking powder, and salt. Add the eggs and vanilla. Stir until just combined, it is okay if the batter is a little lumpy. Gently stir in the blueberries, if using.
- Heat a skillet on medium heat. Grease with butter or oil if not using a nonstick skillet.
- Pour 1/3 cup pancake batter on the center of the hot pan. Cook until bubbles appear on the surface. Using a spatula, gently flip the pancake over and cook the other side for a minute, until golden. Repeat with the rest of batter.
- To serve, top each pancake with a little butter. Finish with a drizzle of maple syrup.