I think I’ve found a way to turn a taco into just about everything…almost anything! And this time, we brought tacos to our Sunday Pizza night!
Instead of a pizza sauce base, I use salsa, and then top it with with tons of cheese, poblano peppers, corn, black beans, and a sprinkling of green onions. See… taco pizza!! Enjoy!!
- 1/2 pound pizza dough (mine are typically homemade whole wheat)
- 1/2 cup salsa
- 1 cups shredded sharp cheddar cheese
- 1/2 cup black beans
- 1/2 cup corn
- 1/2 cup sliced red pepper pepper
- 1/2 cup sliced poblano pepper
- 1/2 jalapeño thinly sliced
- 1 green onion sliced to top
- Pre-heat your oven to 450 degrees.
- Stretch the dough in a circular motion, then lay it out on a flat surface and flatten out using a rolling pin. Fit the dough into a 12 inch cast iron (well seasoned).
- Once preheated, put the cast iron in the oven for 5 minutes.
- Take out the hot pizza and spread the salsa on top of the dough.
- Sprinkle the top of the pizza with cheese and season with salt and pepper. Sprinkle the black beans, corn, chopped peppers and jalapeño slices. Transfer the pizza into the oven and bake for 10-12 minutes until the crust is golden.
- Remove pizza from the oven and top with scallions. Season as needed and serve.