It’s taken many years but Nick declared this might have been our best tofu to date! Get out the fireworks y’all, cause it was tasty too!
A lot of you have asked about the frequency of ramen and what to do with it. Well, similar to our weekly pizza night, a weekly ramen night has started to emerge as well! As I’ve started to perfect how we make tofu (which I’ll try to share later), it’s made it so easy to just grab some ramen noodles which cook almost instantly, saute some greens or any veggies you have and saute up some tofu. And there you have it, a super tasty and savory dish, ready in no time!
This has become something that really you can interchange ingredients, for whatever you have in the fridge this week. So experiment away and let me know what ramen bowls you come up with!
**Makes 2 ramen bowls
- 1 block of organic extra firm tofu
- Avocado oil
- 1/4 cup soy sauce
- 2 tbsp red miso
- 2 tbsp rice vinegar
- few pinches of ginger
- Lotus Foods Rice & Millet Ramen- 3 squares of noodles
- 3 cups greens (spinach or power greens)
- 2 cups mushrooms chopped
- Green onions
- Sesame seeds
- Cut pressed tofu into 6 long pieces and fry in avocado oil for four minutes on each side.
- Mix tofu sauce of soy sauce, red miso, rice vinegar and ginger and set aside.
- Saute all greens for about 5 minutes or until wilted, add mushrooms and cook for another 2-3 minutes.
- Once the tofu is crispy on each side, pour in the sauce and let it thicken, turning the tofu ever minute or so until the glaze is soaked up.
- Cook ramen noodles according to package, about 5 minutes on stovetop
- Drain noodles and place in bowl. Top with greens and tofu.
- Add some green onion and sesame seeds to top