Anyone else hate when you suddenly look in your pantry or fridge and see some food that is nearing the end and you totally forgot about it! ? Well I hate hate hate wasting food, so I was pretty excited to come up with a delicious recipe that helped us use up old frozen tortillas that were still good but weren’t going to be up to the standard for regular tacos. We made this a few nights ago and it’s even better as leftovers the next day, so win win!
**Makes 4 servings
- 2 tbsp @chosenfoods avocado oil
- ½ cup diced red onion
- ½ tsp ground garlic
- 1.5 cups of black beans or 1 can
- 2 chopped zucchini
- 1 diced red bell pepper
- Few shakes of cumin, chili powder and paprika
- Salt and pepper, to taste
- 8 small corn tortillas, cut into 1 inch strips
- 1 jar enchilada sauce (I use @sietefoods red sauce)
- 1 spoonful of chipotles in adobo, if you want spice
- ½ cup sharp cheddar cheese
- 1 chopped green onion
- 1 sliced avocado
- Heat oil in skillet with onions on medium for several minutes.
- Add beans and saute for a minute. Next, add seasonings, zucchini, red bell pepper, ½ can enchilada sauce and let cook for several minutes.
- Pour in remaining sauce and ¼ cup shredded cheese. Stir in tortilla strips immediately after and cover with lid to cook for 10 minutes on medium to low heat.
- Add rest of cheese, green onion, and cover for one more minute.
- Top with sliced avocado and serve!