Sesame Honey Roasted Chickpeas are the perfect way to start a week. Make them at the beginning of the week for the most delicious snack, protein source, or salad topper you have ever had! Roasting chickpeas is probably in my top 3 favorite ways to cook them so this dish has been on our regular rotation for busy nights.
Lately with grocery store trips being less frequent, I’ve been coming up with grain or salad bowls that can use up the hodgepodge of veggies in the fridge but I mean large batch roasting for the win, am I right?
These honey sesame chickpeas…make the meal. They are sweet and crunchy, and oh so good for any topper to a bowl!
This nourish bowl had honey sesame chickpeas with roasted asparagus and sweet potato, sauteed greens, pickled cabbage, avocado, and soft boiled eggs. Yum!
**Makes 2 bowls
- For the chickpeas:
- 3 cups cooked chickpeas (1 1/2 cups of dried or 2 15 ounce cans chickpeas, drained, rinsed, and patted dry)
- 1/4 cup honey
- 1 tablespoon toasted sesame oil
- 1/2 teaspoon sea salt
- 3 tablespoons sesame seeds
- 1 bunch asparagus
- 2 sweet potatoes
- 4 cups mixed greens (spinach or kale)
- 1 cup of pickled cabbage or onions
- 1 avocado
- 4 soft boiled eggs
- Preheat your oven to 420 degrees. Arrange the sliced sweet potatoes and dried chickpeas on a large, rimmed metal sheet pan. Roast for 30-35 minutes until crispy.
- While the chickpeas roast, whisk together honey, sesame oil and salt.
- Once the chickpeas are roasted, remove and drizzle with the honey mixture. Toss to coat. Sprinkle with the sesame seeds, stir to coat the chickpeas and place tray back into the oven for 10 more minutes or until caramelized. Add prepped asparagus to sheet and roast the last 10-15 minutes.
- While the sweet potatoes, chickpeas and asparagus roast, saute all greens in a pan with some garlic powder and salt & pepper for about 10 minutes or until soft.
- Once the roasted pieces are ready, assemble your bowl!
- In a bowl, place greens on bottom and top with sweet potatoes, chickpeas, asparagus, cabbage and eggs. Sprinkle with sesame seeds or Everything seasoning.