It’s asparagus season, and oh how we love those little trees! I typically just roast and eat, asparagus are such a delicious and quick veggie to have around but after a quick cold snap in our springtime weather, I decided I’d make soup!
I recently got myself a Vitamix blender, and am thrilled, mainly for all my daily smoothies, but it also will be great for quick soups! This recipe came together in about 20 minutes and 95% of it was the asparagus roasting. The soup came out smooth and creamy and although I will admit, I thought it would be a little bland or thin, this soup was the perfect texture and taste to pair with some fresh bread and eat away!
- 1 bunch of asparagus
- 1 onion
- 3 cloves garlic
- 1 tbsp lemon juice
- salt and pepper
- 3 cups vegetable broth
- Crumbled goat cheese
- Roast asparagus and quartered onion in the oven at 425 for 20 minutes.
- Place asparagus, onion, garlic, lemon juice, salt and pepper, and vegetable broth in @vitamix or any high powered blender.
- Blend until smooth. Once blended, add a dollop of goat cheese and blend again.
- If your blender does not eat up the soup, place in pot on stove to thoroughly warm soup.
- Pour into bowl and add a few crumbles of goat cheese for topping and sprinkle some sesame seeds on top.
- Finally, dip tasty bread throughout, so tasty!